We have a tentative agreement!
Your LTA Bargaining Team has reached a Tentative Agreement with the district.
Tentative Agreement Highlights
ARTICLE 6: COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· Increase salaries by 4% permanently plus a 1% off-schedule bonus paid in July to continuing employees (i.e., not for new hires next year), for a total salary increase of 9% over the last two years, with a 1% “bonus” each year
· Increase extra-duty hourly pay rate to $36/hr
· One-time increase in the district contribution to health benefits across all medical plans so the cost to employees will not increase even though the cost of all medical plans has risen by as much as 6%
· Increase service credit for prior teaching experience to up to 10 years for all newly hired teachers and to all prior experience in any setting for new, fully-credentialed Speech and Language Pathologists (the Bargaining Team was unable to negotiate a retroactive adjustment for existing employees, but temporary teachers – because they are hire anew each year – will be able to take advantage of the new levels of prior service credit)
· Increase the SLP stipend to $4,000/yr to attract and retain fully-credentialed specialists for these hard-to-fill positions
ARTICLE 7: WORK YEAR & HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT
· For 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, district will offer 3 voluntary PD/planning days before school starts in August (8/12-8/14), paid at $300 each; at least 3 hours will be teacher-directed planning time [MOU]
· For 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, district will offer 3 voluntary PD/planning days during the school year (most likely on Saturdays or during vacations), paid at $300 each; at least 1 hour of each day will be teacher-directed planning time [MOU]
· For 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, at least 75% of preschool/elementary PE time will allow for teacher-directed planning and collaboration (the LCAP currently calls for 2 PEs/week, so 75% = approx. 6 out of 8 PEs/month) [MOU]
· For 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, establish 1 period of planning and collaboration time for middle school teachers [MOU]
· Clarify and reorganize some existing language defining the teacher work day, student start and end times, minimum days, super minimum days, and flex calendars; clarify and reorganize existing language on adjunct duties, as well as Back-to-School Night, Open House Night and after-school Parent Conferences
· Reject the elimination of student dismissal times specified in the contract
ARTICLE 9: CLASS SIZE
· For 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, establish grade-span student-teacher ratios [MOU]:
o TK-1 20:1 o 4-5 27:1
o 2-3 24:1 o 6-8 29:1
ARTICLE 10: LEAVE PROVISIONS
· Teachers will notify the district of absences via “district established procedures,” i.e., Aesop
ARTICLE 21: SPECIAL EDUCATION
· Clarify and reorganize existing language on regular ed teachers’ rights regarding student IEPs
The Bargaining Team will conduct a final question and answer session Tuesday, June 16, after school at 3:30 pm in the LMS library; all unit members are welcome to attend. The ratification vote on the Tentative Agreement will take place at school sites on Wednesday, June 17, and if/when approved by the LTA membership and LSD Board of Education, the new payscale could be implemented as soon as the second check of the new school year (August 5th).
Thank you to the Bargaining Team for all your hard work on our behalf.