Proud to take part in the 52nd Annual Lennox Cinco de Mayo Parade. It’s always fun to get out into the community, pass out some school supplies, and see our students and their families where they live. This year, more than any other, we felt is was important to spread the message that ALL are welcome in our public schools, and that we support ALL students, regardless or race, religion, country of origin, immigration status, sexual orientation and gender identification.
- Category Archives parents & community
On May 1, 2017, teachers, education support staff, administrators, and parents across the state demonstrated our unwavering support for all students, our vigilance in making schools safe zones, and our persistent advocacy for the public education all California students deserve.
Like teachers everywhere, Lennox teachers we’re out in force, working hand-in-hand with parents, administrators and classified staff to welcome all students and let them know that we will keep them safe.
At Buford Elementary School –
At Felton Elementary School –
At Dolores Huerta Elementary School –
At Jefferson Elementary School –
At Moffett Elementary School –
And at Lennox Middle School –
Way to go, LTA!. #LTAproud #LTAstrong
It’s LCAP season again! Time to review and revise the district’s 3-year Local Control and Accountability Plan. DSLT (the LCAP committee, including a teacher and parent from every school) has already met three times to review progress on our current LCAP goals, but we also need to get feedback from teachers, parents and the community.
Below are a number of opportunities for teachers, parents and the community to discuss:
- implementation of the state standards
- student achievement
- student attendance and engagement
- course access
- school climate and safety
- parent involvement
The LCAP is a public document, and there is a link to the current 2016-2019 LCAP left-hand side of the district’s home page, under “Important Links” – http://www.lennox.k12.ca.us/##
As district employees, you have 5 ways to give your input:
1) Have a discussion with your DSLT member:
- Buford – Marichi Fragoza
- Felton – Ana Marcelletti
- Huerta – Francis Hernandez
- Jefferson – David Martin
- Moffett – Shannon Alvarado
- LMS – Desiree Dorado
2) Take the employee LCAP survey.
3) Attend the official district employee input session. Wednesday, March 8, 3:30 pm in the PDC at DO.
4) There will be a discussion at each school for anyone who wants to talk about the LCAP.
- Tues, Feb 21, 3:15 pm – Jefferson
- Weds, Feb 22, 3:15 pm – Huerta
- Mon, Feb 27, 3:15 pm – Felton
- Tues, Feb 28, 3:15 pm – Buford
- Weds, March 1, 3:15 pm – DO
- Thurs, March 2, 3:15 pm – LMS
- Weds, March 15, 3:15 pm – Moffett
5) Attend a School Board meeting in May/June when the LCAP is presented to the School Board and share your thoughts with the Board.
Parents and Community
As part of LTA’s commitment to parents and the community, and to make sure their voices are also heard by the district, LTA will once again hold parent focus groups at every school and will present the parent input to DSLT and the School Board.
- Friday, Feb. 17, 10:30 AM – Felton Parent Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, 11:00 AM – LMS Parent Center
- Thursday, Feb. 23, 10:15 AM – Dolores Huerta Parent Center
- Friday, Feb. 24, 8:30 AM – Jefferson Parent Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 8:30 AM – Moffett Parent Center
- Wednesday, March 1, 10:15 AM – Buford Parent Center
Lots of opportunities for input. The LCAP is an excellent way for teachers and other district employees, as well as parents and the community, to participate in developing and guiding the district’s vision (and budget) for the next 3 years. We hope you’ll participate in some way.