In light of the Covid-19 related school closures and stress on our students and community in recent weeks, LTA has decided to extend the deadlines for our Mary David Scholarship (8th graders) and College/University Scholarship (graduating 12th graders). Previously due May 2, 2020, applications for both scholarships will now be due May 22, 2020.
We have also been forced to change the change the manner in which applications are submitted. Applicants may NOT submit their applications by mail. We are very sorry, but we are unable to get to the post office to collect applications. Instead, applicants may submit their applications in one of two ways:
1) Applicants can download the application as either a pdf or Word document (links below) and email the completed application back to us as an attachment at: email@example.com, or
2) Applicants can complete the application directly through Google Forms, using the links provided below.
In either case, all applications must be submitted by 4:00 PM on Friday, May 22, 2020. No exceptions will be made and no late applications will be accepted.
The Lennox Teachers Association is pleased to announce two scholarship opportunities for Lennox students!
The LTA Mary Davis Scholarship
• Named for long-time School Board trustee and child advocate, Mary Davis.
• Four $100.00 scholarships to purchase books for summer reading and high school.
• Open to all 8th graders attending Lennox Middle School.
• Award recipients will be notified in June 2020 and awards will be presented at the Lennox Middle School end-of-the-year award ceremony.
The LTA College/University School Scholarship
• Two $1,000.00 scholarships to help with college/university expenses.
• Open to all high school seniors who graduated from Lennox Middle School and are currently living within the Lennox School District boundaries (regardless of legal citizenship/residency status).
• Students must be in good academic standing and must be enrolled in a college/university by the Fall of 2020.
• Criteria for selecting award candidates will include academic and leadership achievements.
• Award recipients will be notified by mid-May 2020 and awards will be presented at recipients’ high school end-of-the-year award ceremonies.
All applications are due 4:00 PM on Friday, May 22, 202o. No exceptions will be made and no late applications will be accepted.
Lennox Teachers Association
Supporting Teachers, Supporting Students